- 4 large apples of your choice (I used gala)
- ½ cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of light brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or a blend of 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp nutmeg, and ¼ tsp allspice)
- Peel and core your apples. Chop them as finely as you can, it’ll make them easier to blend!
- Place the apple bits in your crock-pot and top them with the sugars, spices, and vanilla extract. Stir until the apple bits are completely coated.
- Bake the apples on high for 5 or 6 hours, depending on your crock-pot’s settings. Stir once halfway through the cooking time. When the apples are ready to be pureed, they will be dark brown and soft.
- If you have an immersion blender, puree the apples directly in the crock-pot until smooth. If you have a normal blender or bullet blender, carefully spoon the mixture into the cup and blend the mixture. Word of advice for the blender route: let the apples cool off a little before blending so it does not crack the plastic or glass. I personally used a bullet blender with good results.
- Refrigerate immediately. The butter keeps for 2 weeks in the fridge, or you can freeze it for later.
Go forth and put this sweet taste of autumn on everything, my babies!